KARMAT Backwater Valves (non-return valves) effectively secure any rooms located on the lower floors against flooding caused by back flow of storm water and sewage. Back flow may be caused by intense rains, thaw or floods. Use of anti-flooding devices for rooms located on the lower floors is required by obligatory regulations related to technical conditions that are to be satisfied by building codes
- Made of a durable and high quality polipropylene
- Resistant to corrosion, negative temperatures and chemicals
- Simple and effective closure mechanisim
- Easy to install
- Self operating without the need of external power
- Effective rodent protection
- Inhibits unpleasant smells from reentering
- Maximum operating temperature 95°C
- Maximum operating pressure 0.5 bar
TYPES OF BACKWATER WALVE
The Karmat company possesses 15 products which have been reserved in the Polish Patent Office.
Effective protection against rodents
KARMAT backwater valve prevent rat and other rodents from entering building interiors through the sewage, sanitary and rainwater drainage systems. It also protects against unpleasant smells in case of longer breaks in system use. The shape of the protective guard has been designed to protect the gasket against damage by rodents and sliding during sewage flow.
- Effective protection against rodents
- The flap guard, as well as all assembly elements (screws, nuts, washers) are made from corrosion resistant chromium nickel.
- KARMAT backwater valves are equipped with a manual closure lever.
- Changing of the lever from OPEN position A to CLOSED position B causes a complete arrest of sewage backflow.
- A full-open position allows for 100% sewage flow
Advantage of the Karmat Backwater valve
Karmat backwater valves operate automatically and do not require any external power supply. Any operations related to the device’s use are very simple and possible to be carried out by any user.
- Carefour production
- Only the Highest quality polimer used in production
- The device’s interior with its smooth surface properly profiled, protects against sediment collection and grants complete and undisturbed sewage flow
- Gaskets have been manufactured from a rubber of high resistance to atmospheric influences and aging
- Use of anti-flooding devices for rooms located on the lower floors is required by obligatory regulations to technical conditions that are be satisfied by building codes
Our company uses 100% of the raw material this way,zero post-production waste is created
Example of installation
Backwater valves are installed in horizontal sewage pipes before they exit a building or sewage drain outside the building before its connection to an external network. They are also installed in inspection chambers made of concrete or plastic.